pre-order a game on xbox
Xbox is one of the world’s most popular gaming consoles. That means many games are coming out and will be available for pre-order on the platform. One of the concerns expressed by customers is whether they can cancel their pre-orders and receive a refund.
Fortunately, it is extremely simple to cancel your order within the Microsoft Store, and if you cancel it after being charged, there are options to help you get your money back. Know what happens when you pre-order a game on xbox and how to cancel a preorder on xbox in this article.
Table of Contents
Microsoft’s Policy on Cancellation
The balance will be deducted immediately if you have enough account credit to pay for the game you want to pre-order. If you use a credit card or split payments between a credit card and an account balance, you will be charged approximately 10 days before the game’s release.
This means that if you pay with a credit card, you have until 10 days before the game’s release date to cancel it at no cost to you. If you determine you no longer want the game, this is fantastic.
The remainder will be deducted from your credit card if your account balance is less than the money required to purchase the game. In addition, you will receive an email with your billing information and confirmation that the payment was successful.
Canceling Your Pre-Order
You must follow four steps to cancel a pre-order on Xbox. This can be done before the items in your Microsoft Store have been charged.
- Go to your Order History and locate the item you want to cancel the pre-order.
- Next to the entity you want to cancel, select Cancel item (if you do not see this choice, you have already been charged, but you can order an exchange or refund)
- Check the box next to the item, then click the Cancel item button.
- Check your inbox for an email confirming that the pre-order has been canceled. (If it hasn’t arrived within a few minutes, check your spam or junk mail folder.)
Canceling a pre-order on Xbox is a simple process that can assist those who no longer require the item they ordered from the store.
Difference Between Early-Access And Pre-Order
When you pre-order a game, you are paying for a product yet to be released. This will frequently include a release date, so you will know when to expect the game to be available. When you purchase a Pre-Order, you will be given a blank download page with no content. Don’t get rid of it! Once the game is released, you can get your Steam key or the DRM-free download from this page. If you have lost access to the download page for your pre-order, you can find it on your Purchases page.
Purchasing an Early-Access version of a game is a completely different experience. You can play the game right away, but it is not complete. They are almost certainly missing content that will not be released until the entire game is completed. There is also the possibility of bugs and issues that will not appear in the finished game. These games’ final release dates may not be available.
Your Game Isn’t Listed in My Games & Apps
If you have already completed the Pre-Order process, but the game does not occur in My Games & Apps, you will need to manually search for the game in the Microsoft Store. You can download the game without paying again if the actual purchase process is completed successfully.
- Select Home by pressing the Xbox button (It will lead to the Home screen)
- Choose Store > Choose Browse games.
- If you can’t find Store, scroll down to the Add more option on the Home screen and select the Store tile. (You may need to manually add the tile.)
- Next, select Search games > Enter the game’s title and start searching.
- Choose the pre-order edition from the available games.
- To begin the installation, click Install.
Now, don’t go any further if you don’t see the Install option or a price listed for purchase. Simply follow the instructions below.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser.
- Go to Payment & billing > Order history to view the purchase details.
- If your initial purchase were successful, the transaction would now be marked as “Completed.”
Still, having trouble installing the game? You should get in touch with Xbox Support.
That’s all you need to know about what happens when you pre-order a game on xbox